Embed a copright symbol using Elements V8

Meeting Notes March 2009 to 2018.
peterjones

Embed a copright symbol using Elements V8

Post by peterjones » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:44 am

I must get a life sometime, I have been working out how to embed a copyright symbol within my images similar to the outcome I achieve in CS:

Open an image within Elements.
Create a blank layer.
Fill with white.
Select the cookie cutter tool.
From the shape applet choose the copyright symbol.
Uncheck the Crop box
Highlighting your new layer use the cursor to drag a copyright symbol across the white layer, note how the copyright symbol is now in white.
Press enter.
Change the layer blend to "Darken" ... ooops it has vanished .... no problem ....
Select Layer ------> Layer Style ------->Style Settings -------click on bevel adjust the slider to taste. OK to exit.
The layer has become a transparent copyright symbol which you can resize, move or duplicate like any other layer; you may adjust opacity to suit.

I would then save the image as a PSD file which preserves the layer; if when wanting to embed a copyright symbol in a number of images you can simultaneously open the images including your copyright_symbol.psd and then drag the layer across to your other images.

Those members who don't mind their images being published withour consent/stolen please feel free to ignore the above; for those members wishing at least to make it more difficult for images to be purloined the process is worth a try.

peterjones