Lyson Inks and their Refillable Cartridge System

Tired of paying through the nose for your printer inks?
Please add your experiences on this subject or ask questions about it.
Mike Hynes
Site Admin

Lyson Inks and their Refillable Cartridge System

Post by Mike Hynes » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Does any-one have recent experience of Lyson inks for Epson, Canon or HP printers?

In addition to the 60ml and 125ml bottles, they also do a low-cost 30ml refillable cartridge system. It looks messy but at least gives an opportunity to try the inks before committing to installing pipework, etc. Any information would be welcome.

Mike Hynes

[I recall that there were problems with them in about 2006 but this should have been sorted by now.]

Sandra Crook

Re: Lyson Inks and their Refillable Cartridge System

Post by Sandra Crook » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:04 pm

We have recently bought a Marrutt system but have yet to install it. Saw them at Focus on Imaging yesterday and they said that they are very simple to install but if we have any problem we can take it down to them and they will do it for us. Lovely people who seem to offer very good after sales service.

Mike Hynes
Site Admin

Post by Mike Hynes » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Is that refillable cartridges or the piped-in system?
Mike

Sandra Crook

Post by Sandra Crook » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:06 pm

It.s a piped system using Lyson inks, just got so fed up constantly buying ink cartridges at enormous cost

Mike Hynes
Site Admin

Post by Mike Hynes » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Has anyone trie the Lyson replacement cartridge system?

The inks are available in 30ml, 60ml & 125 ml bottles at a good price. However, their site does heavily refer to unblocking printer nozzles & this give me cause for concern - e.g. If, after 4 nozzle cleaning cycles, a particular nozzle is still not clear, then print up to six A3 size pages of this colour!
In 3 years with an Epson R1900, I've had virtually no blocking up, hence I'm reluctant to change.